Having straight teeth is vital in keeping our overall health at peak and thanks to Invisalign in Singapore, these days even adults can fix that problem without anyone else taking notice of it. Let’s be honest, crooked teeth are not really pleasant to look at, especially when the misalignment is severe. Some teeth seem to like having their own way of propping themselves up wherever they want to and moving the entire teeth universe in disarray inside your mouth.
Sad reality: not all of us have perfectly aligned teeth. On a positive note, there already exist several treatments that can correct our dental profile and achieve straighter teeth. I’m sure you have heard about all the traditional braces and may have taken a double-take in getting them as they can make you look hideous–with all of those metal propped inside your mouth. Worry no more! Finally, another teeth application is here to help you achieve the straight teeth you have always wanted and–here’s the clincher–people will barely even notice that you have braces on! Something to smile about, right? Read on.
Invisalign is a brand of clear aligners that is known globally. Its successful technique in addressing misaligned teeth makes use of the latest hygienic and most advanced innovations in the dental industry.
What are Invisalign clear aligners?
Invisalign clear aligners are what patient’s use to straighten the teeth. The aligners are transparent and look similar to gum-shields or teeth-whitening trays.
What are the dental problems that Invisalign clear aligners can address?
According to HealthAscent, Invisalign clear aligners can address the following dental problems:
- Excessive overjet
- Open bite
- Underbite or reverse overjet
What are the pros of using Invisalign clear aligners as compared to other braces?
There are several pros of using Invisalign clear aligners:
- Easy oral maintenance – The clear aligners are easy to remove, which enables the user to maintain their regular oral routine.
- Invisible aligners – Invisalign aligners are barely visible when used.
- Low risk for mouth injuries – Unlike metal braces, which can cause injuries with its wires and other metal applications, Invisalign clear aligners are made from soft plastic that is very comfortable to wear.
- No dietary restrictions required – You can always easily remove your Invisalign clear aligners during mealtime and be able to enjoy your food.
- Enables the user to remain active – Athletes or individuals who are into recreational sports will not have second thoughts of getting mouth injuries when engaging in their activities.
Are there cons when using Invisalign clear aligners?
Yes, there are also cons when using Invisalign clear aligners:
- Cost of Invisalign in Singapore is much expensive as compared to other types of teeth straightening contraption;
- Need to constantly clean after every meal or snack – Of course you do not want to wear your Invisalign clear aligners over unbrushed teeth. If you are a fan of snacking, then be prepared to carry your toothbrush with you and some patience as you will need to brush your teeth every time after eating to avoid getting tooth decay.
- Risk of losing your pair of clear aligners – Since the clear aligners are easily removed, they sometimes get thrown away or misplaced, never to be seen again. When this happens, expect to incur additional costs as a new set is needed to replace the pair that was lost.
- Food and drinks that have colour may stain your clear aligners
What can I expect when getting Invisalign in Singapore?
The first step to start your Invisalign treatment is to seek consultation. During your consultation, your doctor will assess your teeth’s condition and take either X-rays, photos, or dental impressions of your teeth. Next, these data are collected and used to create a treatment plan using Invisalign’s ClinCheck. This treatment plan uses 3D technology that shows a simulation of your teeth’s progress during the course of your Invisalign treatment. This treatment plan is then sent out to their department in charge of producing clear aligners.
In a few weeks’ time, your customised Invisalign is sent back to your doctor who will issue the first 3 sets to you. The patient is required to use the pair of clear aligners daily for at least 20 to 22 hours. Each set of clear aligners are to be used progressively; replacing the clear aligners with the succeeding pair is done every two weeks up until the last pair is used and straight teeth are finally achieved.
Will I be free of clear aligners once I have successfully reached my goal of having straight teeth after the Invisalign treatment?
Not entirely. Similar to traditional braces, patients will need to wear retainers after Invisalign treatment.
How long do the results of Invisalign treatment last?
This will totally depend on how a patient religiously wears the pair of retainers following the treatment. If this is done poorly, then expect your teeth to relapse and return to their original positions.
How much is the cost of Invisalign treatment in Singapore?
Generally, Invisalign’s cost ranges from $8,000 to $10,000. However, the cost will differ depending on your doctor’s fees, the complexity of your teeth’s misalignment condition, and the duration of your treatment. The more sets of clear aligners you will need, the more expensive the cost will be.